December 12, 2009

Looking back...

As the end of 2009 approaches, I can't help but think back. Three major incidents stand out to me about this past year.
1. I lost one of the most important people in my life VERY suddenly-Papa Rod.
2. Some close neighbors lost both their children in a horrible car accident.
3. I had a baby.

I have found 2009 to be a major turning point in my life. Everything changed...everything. The way I view life, my goals, my wants, my morals, my spiritual life...And as I look ahead to setting resolutions for the new year, I find them much more deep than years past. Maybe it's because of the three things I remember about 2009, maybe it's just where I am in life.

I want to live life the way it is meant to be...Happy... life is short and I want to enjoy every minute with those I love.
I want to attend church more (Brayden's naps interfere with this currently).
I want to practice putting my God, my husband, and my son before myself.
I want to learn to accept being a working mom and remember that my work helps support my family.
I want to remember to tell my family I love them everyday!

I won't forget 2009. The major events that happened will stay with me always and have changed me forever.

No comments: