February 16, 2009

Seriously...

Well, you know the saying...When it rains it pours.

Today we got the devastating news that my Aunt Judy's brain tumor (which was removed Thursday) is the most aggressive type of tumor. She is going to be in a 3o day recovery from the surgery, then they are going to start aggressive radiation and an experimental drug. The doctors say it is rare, but with these treatments, people have gone into remission. We just cannot believe it... The Tinder family needs your prayers. I spoke with her on the phone while my dad visited her today, and she is in the best of spirits. The preacher came to see her and he actually said to her "I came to counsel you, but you have ended up counseling me." She is so strong in her faith and I'm so glad for that. Please keep her in your thoughts...

On top of Papa Rod and Aunt Judy, my baby girl Cali began getting sick at 11:00pm last night and did not stop all day. We took her to the vet this afternoon to find out she has bronchitis...seriously... She is a very very sick puppy, but the vet says it is viral and WILL work its way out. She is just going to be sick the next 1-3 weeks. It isn't life threatening or anything, just hard to watch her hurt. She coughs until she gags and cannot lay very long because her throat hurts. Goodness...

2009 is starting out to be a very faith testing year. I'm so glad I have such a strong husband and family to remind me of all the blessings around me each day.

No comments: