September 11, 2008

Cali

Everyone has told me that my lab will "step up" to the plate when I get pregnant. She is such a nervous and anxious dog, I had SERIOUS doubts! However, she has pleasently surprised me lately. She has become very protective of me and a lot more alert when its just she and I at the house. When Chad is at soccer practices/games or at work late, Cali has started putting her body between me and whichever door I am closer to! She perks up to sounds a lot more and follows me everywhere! (Some may say that is no different!) I just hope she makes the adjustment to a child well. She shocks me when I watch her play with neighbors children. She can play so hard with Chad, and become so gentle when the little ones come around. It's neat to watch! I'm hoping she becomes equally as protective over our little one!

No comments: