September 27, 2009

What to do???


As a mother, I just want my precious boy to be happy and healthy. I want him to smile and coo, and laugh and play. Lately I've been noticing an decrease in these activities and I'm pretty sure it's reflux related. How do you know when to go into the doctor? Is he dying...no. Is he screaming all the time...no. But he spits up all day, he fusses when laying flat on his back, and on his "bad" days I notice wheezing in his voice. It's scary and confusing all at the same time. I don't want my baby boy to be in any pain, and I'm afraid he is sometimes. He is waking up from naps coughing-which they say is reflux related. He has to change clothes 3-5 times a day-which they say is reflux related. He has wet burps and hiccups frequently-which they say is reflux related. I just don't want to keep going to the doctor with the same "problem" and be told there is nothing that can be done. I just want my baby to be happy and healthy...is he? What to do??......

1 comment:

Heather and Travis said...

We dealt with reflux for a looonnngg time, but we finally did get it under control. It took about five different formulas and three different medications. We found that Prevacid worked wonders for MK. Also, didn't you guys just recently switch formulas?? Maybe that has something to do with it. Oh, and I remember when MK's reflux was really bad and bothering her at night, they told us to elevate one side of her crib so that it was at an incline. That also seemed to work some. I hope he gets some relief!