September 28, 2009

Why him?

Last night I began to get REALLY worried about my baby boy. His breathing was wheezy and he was running a low grade fever. After a loooong night of mommy constantly checking on him, I made the decision to go to work. Brayden's temperature was 96.8, so I thought he was okay. Then at 10:00 I got the dreaded phone call that my precious was fussy and running a temp again. So...we made the decision to take him into the pediatrician's office. It was confirmed...Swine Flu. Of all things out in this world it has to be the unknown virus which will drive mommy's stress level through the roof!!! Not only are we dealing with swine flu, he has colic because of it. So he is wheezing and was given steroids to help with the inflammation. Now he's taking Tylenol for fever, tamiflu for swine flu, steroids (only 2 doses) for colic, and prilosec for reflux. I just want him to be okay..seems to be a whole lot of meds for such a little boy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no, oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Praying for a quick recovery for that sweet little boy of yours.

Unknown said...

Poor baby!!! I will be praying for a speedy recovery!