December 23, 2008

Hard Day!

Today marks 21 weeks and 2 days. It was one of my tougher days! I came to the reality that it was time to take out my belly ring. Sounds like such a simple task doesn't it? But after TEN YEARS with having my ring, it was something I have been dreading and it was really hard to do! But as my belly gets bigger, my belly button is getting flatter, and flatter, and flatter! I have felt naked all day long without it! Every time I rub my belly or look down it's like a piece is missing. However, at the same time, it is exciting to know I'm moving into a new part of life...childhood OVER!

Besides today being a rough day, pregnancy is getting more and more exciting each day! I can feel our baby move a lot more each day. Every time I feel him move or kick it is an ease to my mind that he is okay! The nights are still rough with the leg cramps and sciatic nerve pain, but it's nothing compared to what it was in the first trimester. (I'm enjoying that relief while I can because the doctor assures me it WILL be back!) There is no sickness or major wierd cravings, and all is going well!

Chad and I are enjoying our time home together for the holiday break. We have been able to catch up on some time together at home and eat out some. Chad's parents are going to be with us for a few days next week and I know he can't wait to see them! We've been able to visit with my family some and we will be spending Christmas Eve and day with them. Today we visited the cemetery and left flowers for a dear friend we lost this year. As Chad and I look back over 2008 we cannot miss the blessings that God had brought to our lives. We enjoy looking back over our time together this year but are very anxious to get into 09' and meet our new little boy!

21 Weeks and 2 Days

Bye-bye Belly Ring

No comments: