April 24, 2009

My Something Beautiful

Chad gave me the "new life" willow tree figure when Brayden was born. I know I will cherish it forever!!!
My "something beautiful"-seeing Chad and Brayden looking at each other


One of my favorite children's books of all time is Something Beautiful. It is a story about a little girl who lives in poverty. Gangs run the streets she lives in and she is alone a lot while he mother works. She goes out into her community in search of something beautiful. Her search sends her looking for "things" and she realizes that what is beautiful is what is right in front of her. Her mother, her friends, her family. Like the little girl, I feel I have searched my life for something beautiful. At first I too searched for "things" and when I became old enough I realized it wasn't things that make life great. I knew I found my something beautiful when I met Chad. It was instant and I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. And just when I think life cannot get any better, I have managed to find more beautiful things in my life.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I see I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to motherhood!! Brayden is a very sweet name and he looks like a very sweet little boy. Looking at your posts just now really made me think back to when Austin was first born and I can't believe how the time has flown. I know you've heard it a million times, but here's a million and one... :) They grow up SO fast so treasure every little moment you have and just soak it all in!! One day you'll wake up and realize you have a six month old!

So glad that he got here safely and everyone is doing well! (I still can't believe you taught an entire day of school while having contractions!!)