August 23, 2009

This day in history....

I remember August 25th, 2008 like it just happened.


I woke up...a Monday morning (its funny that it falls on a Monday again)...and went into the bathroom. I was only 1 day away from my "hopefully missed period." I had felt strange all weekend. Chad and I took communion together and prayed at church for a baby less than 24 hours before this moment. I felt like everyone around me was able to quickly get pregnant. I felt like everyone around me was carrying a baby, and I so desperately wanted to be just like them. I remember thinking to myself..."let's just go ahead and try." I took the test and sat it next to me on the counter. What I saw next changed my life forever.
It was 5:30 in the morning. It very quickly turned pink and I had to look at the results comparison chart several times before it set in that it was positive! I ran into the bedroom and woke up Chad-"baby it's positive!" I made my doctors appointment at 6:30 that morning...Then we both headed off to work with the best secret in the world. I walked around work that day on cloud 9, and felt like I needed to tip toe everywhere! I didn't want to risk this wonderful baby falling out of me! And this August 25th...2009-I'm going to think back and smile. That "secret" we had one year ago has forever changed our lives in the best way possible!



No comments: