May 1, 2009

2 Weeks!!!

I am blown away that my baby boy is already 2 weeks old! My original due date was May 3rd and we haven't even hit that yet! Although the nights are long and the days have drastically changed, I am enjoying every minute of my precious little one. He is the best baby! Hardly ever cries and just wants to be held! I don't know what I did so right in my life for God to bless me with this perfect child, but I am so grateful for him! I was so scared to bring him home because he was so tiny and fragile, and now I don't want him to grow!

At our one week pediatrician appointment, Brayden weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces, and they wanted him back to his birth weight by today (7 pounds 2 ounces). He weighed in at 7 pounds and 3 ounces! He was slightly jaundice the first appointment and that has cleared up totally. His cord has fallen off and his "boy surgery" has healed nicely! We have a perfectly healthy baby boy and we don't go back to see the doctor until 2 months old. In the meantime, hospital bills are coming in and we are making lots of trips to the store for diapers and formula!

No comments: