May 30, 2009

Holding on to my baby

One of the main things I read about in parenting books and magazines has been about holding your baby. I can't tell you how many time it has said NOT to do it unless you are feeding because you can "damage" your baby. I have spent many hours the first weeks of Brayden's life crying over this battle. Let me tell you...I am OVER it! I'm going to hold my sweet baby boy as much as I want to. I think about those who have lost children and what they would give back to hold them. I don't want to regret not enjoying the days I CAN hold Brayden. Does he do fine when I don't hold him??...YES! I don't want to have the kind of child attached to his mother's hip, but at the same time I also want the kind of child who knows his mother will always be there for him when he needs her. So forget the books and magazines...I am going to hold my beautiful baby boy!!!

No comments: