May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day!

Celebrating Mother's Day has always been important to me since my mother and I are so close. This year's Mother's Day with Brayden was extra special! I held him all day (I'm tired of reading not to hold your baby too much), and just thought about how blessed I was to have him in my life.

Chad took me out to eat to celebrate the day and bought me a sweet sweet card which I put into Brayden's baby book. We watched a movie together and spent the afternoon with my mom. Chad grilled the best steaks for dinner and we just enjoyed being together. I love my family!

Mid day, I did have to leave and go to the doctor...boooo! I have 2 ear infections which have gotten out of hand because I refused to take Brayden to the doctor with me. (Didn't want him to pick anything up) The night got really bad and I could hardly lay on my pillow, so I knew it was time. It was just unfortunate that it had to be on Mother's Day. The doctors office was not busy thankfully, so I was in and out and had my medicine within an hour.

Overall it was a great first Mother's Day, and I look forward to the many more to come with the special new man in my life!

No comments: