October 28, 2009

Rough and Tough....and a question for moms!


After battling the "what to do" in my head all week, I broke down and called the pediatrician today. Since Sunday, Brayden has woken 2-4 times a night, been seriously congested, not eaten well, and screamed while being put to bed. All of these things are out of the norm for him. When I called to check on him today, my child care provider said he had only eaten 4 ounces and hardly wet any diapers.
That did it!!!!
I called and we were on our way to see the doctor at 4:00.
Final diagnosis...
He did in fact have a cold, which was overseen because he ran fever from his 6 month shots. And from that cold Brayden is experiencing his first ear infection. The doctors comment was: what a tough boy! I'm sure he is hurting...and here he is laughing and smiling!
So...
why does mommy look like the sick one...
Well you go from sleeping through the night, then up 4 times a night!!!! I guess my baby boy is a lot tougher than me! But I'm okay with that... :)
At the doctor, we found out Brayden has gained another pound in just a week! WHAT!?! A pound AND been sick... CRAZY! So this has put a slight push into our car seat shopping! So all you mommies out there...any car seat advice. After my research and consumer report data, we are thinking we will go with the Britax Roundabout 50.
But I'd still love to hear your thoughts before our big purchase!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We love our Britax Marathon, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Britax seats as far as safety and user friendliness goes.

You can use the Marathon, however, up to 65 lbs and the Roundabout only goes up to 40 lbs. So for just a few extra dollars you can get a lot more use out of the Marathon.

Kathy said...

We love our Britax Marathon, too!