January 1, 2009

Looking back on 08'




Last night we enjoyed two New Years Eve parties with good friends, but as it grew closer to midnight, Chad and I found we just wanted to be home together to reflect on such a great year. We came home around 11:30, just in time to put pajamas on and jump in bed to watch the ball drop! The Bridges' family has been so blessed this year and it was fun to think back on all that God has done in our lives in 2008.

We found a church and small group family that remind us the lord is working in us everyday. We became pregnant easily with no major problems. We both got jobs closer to home and have bosses which support us in our career and home lives. We got rid of Chad's gas guzzling truck...yeah!!! Both the Bridges and Tinder families had no major loss of life or illnesses. And even though we didn't think it was possible, Chad and I grew closer to each other and in our relationship with the lord.

As I go though this crazy and exciting time in my life, I am finding my outlook on life is daily changing. If you would have asked me a few months ago to describe my love for my husband, I would have told you I couldn't possibly love him anymore. However, each day, through his small gestures and supportive comments, I have grown to love him even more as a man, husband, and father. I am so truly blessed to have such a wonderful person by my side to share life with.

As we sat in bed talking about the year to come, we discussed all the exciting events we will get to experience in 09'. The birth of our son, holidays which will take on a whole new meaning, our 3 year anniversary, Chad's new coaching position... The list goes on and on. We cannot wait for 2009!!!

No comments: