January 16, 2009

Prayers Please

Yesterday my grandad "Papa Rod" went into the hospital and has been diagnosed with pancreatus. It is very serious and he is in horrible shape. He is having blood pressure problems from the pain which is straining his heart, and he is so drugged up at times he doesn't even know he's alive. It's heartbreaking to know he is in this much pain. Because his pancreas is so enlarged, they cannot do any testing. We are waiting to find out if this is from cancer or if its caused by gallstones (which is what we are praying for). Until the swelling is down, his body cannot handle the testing. To make things worse, I cannot even go see him. Because I am six months along, both Papa Rod's doctor and my doctor are saying its criticial I stay away from the hospital. I just don't know what to do. All I know to do is pray. Because 3 patients on his floor have shingles, Chad cannot even go visit because he could carry the disease home to me. Since Rod is in such bad shape, he cannot even hold the phone to hear me say "I love you." Please keep him in your prayers and pray his condition gets better. Right now we are being told by his doctor to "be prepared" because things could get worse before they get better.

No comments: